Wednesday, August 13, 2014
the House of the Scorpion entry four
I chose the book the House of the Scorpion a lot of the other books sounded very boring, I thought it would be the main character Matts rise to power as a drug kingpin, I was very surprised it was not. I thought it would be like the Artemis Fowl series with the boy genius and his burly body guard running a drug empire but it was not. The book was really about Matt being a clone and his struggle to get by in a house full of scorpions. ( like seriously these people are worse than the Kardasians ) Everyone is out to get him except a few close friends and El Patron. The only reason El Patron keeps him around, is for spare parts. One personal connection I saw was between me and the main character Matt. What I saw was that nobody really likes Matt and all he wants in the world is to be accepted or to be normal. Isn't that true for everyone, nobody wants to be treated poorly for no reason. No matter what Matt accomplishes, he is still treated like dirt. Nobody wants that you want your accomplishments to matter, ever so small. That's how I connected with the book. As for a recommendation, I did not really like the book but if you are the kind of person that likes slower books, with mysteries around every corner, and well thought out and memorable characters, then this is the book for you. I much prefer books with lots of action, thats why I didn't really like this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment